Sunday, April 1, 2007

Dedication to BBQ

Well, not really dedication, because if we weren't having folks over yesterday I would have just cooked today when the weather was nice. Early in the week I looked at the weather and it was going to be a nasty week, but Saturday was supposed to be beautiful. Evidently the front was slower than the weather folk thought, so it was windy and rainy all day yesterday.

I had to move the smoker around to the side of the house to get it out of the 35 mph gusts and I rigged up the umbrella to keep most of the rain off.


I smoked up two butts, 3 racks of baby backs, a stuffed fatty, and a stuffed onion for supper. I smoked up a few jala penos because I'm working on a brisket sauce. I'll post recipes later in the week when I have more time.


I also took the time to vacuum seal the loin, ground beef, and sausage from my meat run the other night. I froze the brisket in the original cryovac and cooked the rest.



Check in later this week for a few recipes.

No comments: