Friday, July 27, 2007

Commenting and RSS Feeds

I wanted to post a little something about commenting on my (and other's) blogs. The reason I decided to post about this was that I commented on another author's blog the other day and they still haven't gotten around to "approving" my comment. See, bloggers have the option to screen the comments on their blog. If you have commented here you know I don't do that....yet. One really good reason to moderate comments is comment spam. We all hate spam, and if it ever gets to be a problem here I will have to change the way I handle comments. Anyway, I highly encourage commenting on any of my posts with suggestions, criticisms, just to say Hi, or whatever.

And about RSS feeds. RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication, and it is technology that allows you to keep up with all the stuff you want to on the internet more easily. If you don't currently use an RSS reader, I highly recommend Google Reader. I use it to keep up with 163 feeds ranging from cooking to general news, to sports, to video games. Google reader is where my shared items come from in the side bar on the right. Here is a good Google Reader primer if you're interested. If you would like to subscribe to my feed, simply click on the link in the sidebar.

2 comments:

Curt McAdams said...

Get used to it... I've noticed that I don't get a lot of comments, either. I must be writing garbage. :)

Hogwild said...

Curt,

I didn't really post this to get people to comment. Don't get me wrong, though, I like it when folks comment. ;-) I was a little aggravated when the blogger didn't post my comment. It was just a regular comment; not controversial or anything. He just wasn't monitoring his comments. I thought it was a good opportunity to post about RSS, too.

I already subscribe to your blog. ;-)

William