Thursday, March 22, 2007

El Cheapo Brinkmann (ECB)

Ok, I promised to post about the the ECB, so here it is. The ECB is a very, very affordable way to get into smoking, and lots of folks start out with one. However, they can be extremely frustrating because they are not built very well. I smoked on an ECB straight out of the box for a long time and got some decent results. I wish I had known about the modifications it needed way back then.

I don't want to reinvent the wheel here, so I'm just going to point you to a post on The Smoke Ring written by Alien BBQ (lots of good Q knowledge, that one) and post a pic from his post here.

Here is a pic of Aliens mods. Make sure to read thru
that thread as several folks added good info about the ECB.



Here is a pic of my buddy's ECB in action. He cooks a
mean butt on it.



So, the ECB is a very good option for somebody just getting started. It's cheap and the mods make it manageable. It's still gonna be very, very hands on though. I've often thought about picking another one up. Mainly to do appetizers and cheese when my Chargriller is full of other stuff.

No comments: