Monday, March 12, 2007

Hello There

This is my first (and probably only) attempt at blogging. One of my passions is cooking great food for my family and friends. I have a thread on Geezer Gamers where I usually post my recipes and photos. Lots of guys from the website enjoy that thread (at least I think they do), so I thought I'd start posting my stuff for the masses to see. Before I get started I want to make sure any readers here know one thing. The way I do things is just that: the way I do things. You can ask ten pitmasters the best way to cook a pork butt and you'll get ten different answers (with some lies thrown in for good measure ;) ). When I post a recipe or technique I'll try to give credit to where I found them, but I usually deviate from recipes I find in books or on the web and they are usually very different from what I started out with. I'm going to add a list of my favorite cookbooks and links on the sidebar, so be watching for those.

My hope is to post here once or twice a week, usually after I've tried something new on the grill or smoker. I'll occasionally do a cookbook review. During the week I mainly grill and I do my long smokes on the weekend. I'm sortof doing this on a whim, so you'll have to be patient with me as I find my bearings.

Thanks for reading! I hope you find something useful here.

No comments: